Thursday, January 30, 2014

Craving Christ....not cookies

"God made us capable of craving so that we’d have an unquenchable desire for more of Him, and Him alone. Nothing changes until we make the choice to redirect our misguided cravings to the only One capable of satisfying them. " 

Ephesians 1:17 says 
that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him.(ASV)

I have felt guilt for a long time about my cravings, my go to's. They frustrated me to the point of tears, intense anger, and a lot of failed attempts at diets. I tried over and over to squash feelings of cravings. I tried to ignore them, deny them, to deprive myself in every way of the feelings of cravings. I linked them with bad things, failure, and weakness. 

It is weakness. But not the kind I was thinking.

I've read that first paragraph many times. Many. A lot. Did she say God made me capable of cravings? Hold on a second. My brain is whirling.

Cravings aren't bad? The fact I have cravings is normal?

Somewhere my cravings got really misguided. Why? When? At some point I let my flesh crave food instead of God. Was it that food was tangible? When did this happen? What lies did I completely fall for to allow this shift? What about food is so comforting and why did I not find that in Jesus?

I need a lot of wisdom. I am thankful for the wisdom I have received so far. Made to crave....that is such a crazy notion to me. It wasn't the craving...huh.

Replacing cookies with Christ...
Sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment